Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Wed, Feb 20, 2019
1 Cor. 10:13
1. What do we say to those who cry, “I don’t know if I can live the Christian life.”
1) They’ve seen others fold under temptations.
2) They’ve not been able to conquer certain habits.
2. Here the apostle Paul gives a promise from a faithful God. You can trust Him.
1) No uncommon temptations.
2) No temptation beyond your ability.
3) No temptation without a way of escape.
I. NO UNCOMMON TEMPTATION
1. Eve in the garden, Gen. 3:6.
2. Jesus in the wilderness, Matt. 4:3-10.
3. Summary of John, 1 John 2:16.
II. NO TEMPTATION BEYOND YOUR ABILITY
1. WE ARE RESPONSIBLE, Eze. 18:20. No temptation beyond ability is implied.
2. God sets boundaries in the spiritual world as he has in the physical world, Job 1:8-10
1) Demons can’t control you.
2) Satan can’t make you do anything.
III. NO TEMPTATION WITHOUT A WAY OF ESCAPE
1. David & Bathsheba, 2 Sam. 11:1-2.
2. Acts 5:1-4, “Was it not in thine own power?”
3. Way of escape may come through endurance, suffering, even death.
4. Way of escape does not mean escaping effects or persecution but escaping offense to God, Rev. 2:10.
5. Already in the grasp of sin? God still provides a way, Acts 8:22; 1 John 1:7-9
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.