Posted by: Pastor J Jacobs on Tue, Aug 20, 2019
I. Introduction (Rom 1:21)
A. We lack in the area of appreciating other people
B. It is so important to nurture an attitude of thankfulness
C. Jesus always encouraged people
D. Sometimes He had to be straight up with them, but they knew he loved them, and wanted the best for them
E. I want to do two things tonight
1. Look at some people who are appreciated in the Bible
2. And then try and make sure as many of you possible are appreciated
F. Obviously, this is in addition to appreciating God Himself – that’s what a full 30% of the Bible is all about – making sure we praise, and thank God for His goodness
II. Message - Appreciation
A. Listen to the Apostle Paul record his appreciation for some key men in his life (Col 4:7-15)
1. Tychicus (4:7,8) - a beloved brother, faithful minister, fellowservant in the Lord, comforter of people’s hearts
2. Onesimus (4:9) - a faithful and beloved brother – a faithful man!
3. Aristarchus (4:10) - my fellowprisoner
4. Marcus, sister’s son to Barnabas
5. And Jesus, which is called Justus (4:11) - who are of the circumcision (Jewsish believers). These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
6. Epaphras (4:12,13) - who is one of you, a servant of Christ,
a. Always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
b. For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.
7. Luke, (4:14) the beloved physician,
8. Demas (4:14)
9. Salute (THANK) Nymphas (4:15) for the church being in his house!
10. This is just ONE list – you should see the last two chapters of Romans!
B. A Nameless Brother (2Cor 8:16-18, 22; 12:18)
1. Who IS this guy? He is not named!
2. But he is appreciated in all the churches
3. What a testimony – a nobody being appreciated for his life being lived for the Lord
C. A Giver – Epaphroditus (Phil 2:25)
1. This is a man that the Lord used to not only meet needs, but also WANTS
2. It only comes from a GIVER heart
D. Co-Labourering women with Paul (Phil 4:3)
1. Not a men’s only club
2. There are some limitations on who can preach and lead
3. But the work has no boundaries
4. Young people and old alike
5. Men and women
E. A Refreshing Friend - Onesiphorus (2Tim 1:15-18)
1. When everyone was against Paul
2. When everyone else was ashamed of Paul, and his ministry
3. This man sought out Paul in prisons, and often refreshed him
4. Everyone of us need a friend like Onesiphorus – and every church
III. Conclusion – Some People I am Thankful for:
A. The Givers in this church
1. People who every week give to the Lord
2. People who look for opportunities and reasons to give a bit more
B. The Doers (James 1:22)
1. It is nice having people listening to the preaching
2. It is another thing when this pastor can see people going home and making some things right that were talked about in church
a. Living clean, and staying clean (Jam 1:27)
b. Conquering bad attitudes and bad actions
3. Folks, the Doers are the happiest people in this church!
C. The Diggers – students (2Tim 2:15)
1. No Sunday School class will grow without lots of digging
2. Digging for treasures in God’s word
3. Digging for kids and families alike in the darkness of this world
D. The Preachers (2Tim 4:2,3)
1. Those who want to be used of God to preach His word
2. Those who are willing to fill this pulpit
3. And even fill the pulpits of other churches across this country
4. I thank God for you preachers
E. The Singers (2Chron 5:11-14)
1. Next to preaching, this is the second most important ministry in a church
2. I thank God for people who SING – not worried about perfection, and reading music, but just wanting to praise the Lord
3. I would love for a choir to start up again!
F. The Pray-ers (Eph 6:18)
1. The ground-work for every victory and blessing is laid on the altar of prayer
2. I thank God for the people who pray for their preacher
3. And who pray for the members of this church
a. Prayed for Eileen to get saved, and for others – day by day
b. Prayed for safe delivery of Lydia
c. Prayed for jobs for Kevin OK, and are praying for jobs for Kevin B and David
4. Pray for our church property
G. Some day, the Go-ers – I’m already thankful for you who will go out into all the world and preach the Gospel, and start churches, and teach in Christian schools, and start Christian families, and disciple new Christians!
H. I Thank God for every person in this church
I. If you don’t fit any of the above list, then shame on you, and you need to get involved, and get blessed!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.